Having read several books by Derek Prince, I was intrigued by the frequent mention of his first wife Lydia – how much of a great helpmeet she was to him in life and ministry and his testimony of her Christian walk, amongst others things. Found this title in one of his books and bought the electronic version.
I love the book, and the fact that the main character herein, Lydia is my namesake, helps 😃 x
This book is a great enlightener and would challenge you – at least it did me – to:
- Discover God’s purpose for your life (Ephesians 2:10; Jeremiah 1:5) – You aren’t on earth by chance. God sent you here for a purpose and fitted you with potential to fulfil it. It pays to find out what you are on earth for, because one day, you’ll stand before JESUS and account for your life, if you lived it the way you liked, or according to His purpose for your life.
- Walk in purpose in the midst of ‘uncertainty’ (Isaiah 46:9-10) – When it seems you don’t know what you’re doing, and well meaning individuals don’t agree with the journey you want to embark on, but you’re sure that is the right path God wants to you take. Many would be impacted by your decision, but I don’t think anything beats your Daddy God being proud of His child 😘. Walking in God’s purpose for your life is indeed a step by step journey of faith and obedience. Not everything would be revealed to you at first, you have to step out in faith and obey what God has shown you, and more will be revealed.
- Trust God daily through difficult circumstances (Joshua 1:9) – Clearly demonstrates how hearing the voice of God from His Word, the Bible, is necessary for survival and indeed, living (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 4:4).
- It would also open your eyes to your duty towards Israel as a believer in Jesus Christ (Romans 11:25-33).
- Show you the power of prayer (James 5:16b-17).
- Definitely remind you of God’s love, care and attention to detail (Jeremiah 29:11; 31:3; John 3:16) etc.
This book has so much more to offer, I really recommend you read it.
In Lydia Prince’s own words:
“Walk with the Lord, pray to the Lord, give your heart to the Lord, and He will use you. The whole earth needs you. Know that there is work ready for you, that you should walk in it. Then say to yourself, “If I don’t do the work, no one else will do it.” Because God has appointed you to a certain work, or a certain work to you. So pray to God, and be willing to take up whatever He would have you to be. He may want you to be a witness in your work. He may want you in other places. There is not a special mission field. The whole earth is a mission field.”
A highly recommended read.
God bless you 🙂
© Lydia for PneumaWord